Bundle Release Event

Monday, September 27, 2021

Vol. 3 Chapter 7 - Hero Suddenly Proposed

2/5 chapter of the bundle release :))

P.S. Chapter 10 may be delayed. I had an allergic rhinitis and the meds made me sleepy. Plus, I'll be back to work tomorrow ^_^v

Shout out to Beeutiful and Alexis again for making this bundle release possible. <3



VOLUME 3: Chapter 7 - A Princess in Love

 

“Because of you, the Hero is angry with me……!”

Tiana-sama’s high-pitched cry echoed in Mariage-sama’s room.

It seems that there is a reason why Tiana-sama, who has completely ignored me until now, suddenly changed her attitude. Of course, it has something to do with Greed-sama.

“Why, why did he have to say that to me? Of all people, the Hero……!”

Tiana-sama shared in a shrieking voice what happened during the dinner they had a while ago.

On his seat, Greed-sama, who had been silent (with an expressionless expression) and hardly responded to Tiana-sama’s conversation, suddenly raised his face and said:

“Just now, three of your maids approached Aria.”

It seems that everyone who was chatting to one another turned their eyes to Greed-sama.

──Except for Alfred-sama, who doesn’t know that I have spirit protection.

While everyone was paying attention, Greed-sama, who had an unreadable expression, said to Tiana-sama.

“Please do not do this in the future. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee their personal safety…… Of course, your safety too.” [T/N: Kyaaa, what’s with this threat?! You sound like a villain, Greed.]

……It sounded very menacing but Tiana-sama did not realize she was being threatened and hurriedly feigned ignorance.

“Wh-What are you talking about, Hero-sama? What’s wrong with my maids?”

“They ambushed Aria and surrounded her in an unpopulated place. You were aware of it.”

He didn’t make it sound like a blame, but it’s just that he said it in a placid tone.

“I-I knew nothing about it. Besides, was it wrong that my maids are surrounding . . . Louise-sama’s maid?”

“Aria has spirit protection so I can easily see what’s happening to her. I also know what happened the other day.”

I’m pretty sure Tiana-sama was alarmed. However, she was distracted by the fact that her wrongdoings were exposed and failed to notice Greed-sama’s controversial statement.

……You should have noticed it right there! A hundred years of love may cool down all at once!

Greed-sama turned to her and said with cold, unapproachable eyes.

“I won’t forgive their insults to her. Whoever they may be. And let me say it clearly here, I cannot respond to your feelings. Aria is the only one for me.”

──It was an ultimatum and at the same time a clear refusal.

“So frustrating, so frustrating! Why must it be you!? Why not me!?”

……It's true, I’m not a beauty nor a princess.

Though I’m a little hurt, I acknowledge the facts as facts. After all, it has been whispered around ever since Greed-sama proposed to me.

“You do not deserve that position so stay away from him!”

“Please stop it, Princess.”

Mariage-sama rebuked Tiana-sama, but she did not stop.

“I would understand if you were Princess Louise! I will accept it and give up! But why should it be you!?”

Goaded by her demon-like expression, I took a step back in surprise.

“Well, we have to ask Greed-sama……”

After all, I don’t even know why it is me.

According to Rufaga-sama, it was due to instinct, and it seems that I have something that Greed-sama lacks, but I don’t have a clear grasp of it.

“I’m sure he is deluded! If not, why would he even choose you!?”

“Princess, get a hold of yourself.”

“Please stay away from this, Sister-in-law!”

Tiana-sama glared at me when she answered back to Mariage-sama.

“What’s more, you are putting off your reply to his proposal? You want time to get to know each other? Who are you to say that when you’re just a mere maid!? What are you dissatisfied with him!?”

“……I am not dissatisfied with him though……”

With the sudden change of the issue, I answered with confusion. In fact, I don't have any specific complaints. I don’t have . . . no, I might have.

“I'm angry! The Hero is supposed to be the treasure of this world! I’ve desired him but he would not respond to my feelings!”

If that was said during the marriage proposal, that would have made me angry in an instant……

Is it because of my complicated maiden heart?

“What’s wrong with such a strong, handsome, gentle, and perfect person!?”

“……Perfect person……?”

Dazed for a short moment, I remembered as I stared at a distance. That’s what I also thought not a little while ago.

A handsome figure that catches everyone’s eyes. He possessed immense power, making him the strongest hero of all time; a gentle person who comforted me even though I, a maid, suddenly asked for his help. The Hero who is a perfect person……

But……! But……! I instinctively said.

“He is indeed viewed as perfect by other people…… but that is not the case! Was your reminiscence strange a while ago!?”

If you ask me, I am wondering why I am ignored!

……But towards my opinion, Tiana-sama frowned and said.

“Strange? That’s not true, you know? Aren’t you the strange one?”

“My point is that the spirits are watching me. Isn’t it obviously out of the ordinary!?”

However, Tiana-sama had a different idea.

“Isn’t it great that the Hero is always watching over you!? You should be grateful but your way of thinking is the one that is out of the ordinary!”

“So that’s how you perceive it……”

Lost for words, I looked up at the ceiling.

The maiden in love filter is terrifying. It seems that it is best for her to be supervised.

……Rather, am I, who sees it as a problem, strange as Tiana-sama said?

Come to think of it, the Princess (Louise) and everyone from the Hero’s party did not comment on that. Is it the fate of “The Hero’s Fiancee” to be monitored by the spirits?

And for quasi-lead protagonists such as Princess and the Hero’s childhood friends, that was not surprising……?

──My common sense suddenly started to waver.

I thought of it as an invasion of my privacy, but it was strange for me to be sensible……

Sh-Should I be pleased that Greed-sama is always watching over me?

“If it were me!”

A high-pitched voice broke my reverie.

“I will accept everything about the Hero! Because I love him dearly! And yet……”

Tears welled up in Tiana-sama’s glaring eyes.

“Yet you, having no trouble getting what I want……!”

Mariage-sama looked at her with gentle eyes.

“Princess. As I said before, the Hero can choose. And it is up to Aria to decide whether or not to respond to his feelings. The people around her must not dictate.”

“But I cannot accept it!”

Tiana-sama broke into tears.

“If it were me, I would have accepted the proposal as soon as possible! I’ll always think about the Hero! But why not me!? Why choose this kind of person!?”

……My chest hurt a little.

After all, it is true that Tiana-sama likes Greed-sama more than me.

──Greed-sama might really need someone like Tiana-sama who can accept everything about him. Maybe Tiana-sama, who gives her love freely, will be a better match for Greed-sama than I, who can’t return the same amount of love……?

When I thought of that, I felt a heavy object crushing my chest, and I pressed my (modest) bosom tightly from the top of my maid clothes.

“I will not give up! Absolutely!”

Tiana-sama shouted.

“I’m better in status and looks! I love the Hero more……! Yes, I am the one who deserves to stand next to the Hero! Not this person!”

Those words pierced my heart.

“Stay away from him! With you by his side──Kyaaaa!”

There was a splashing sound and Tiana-sama’s scream reverberated in the room.

Suddenly, tea thrust out of Mariage-sama’s and my teacup on the table and splattered in Tiana-sama’s face.

“My, my.”

Not surprised with what happened, Mariage-sama said in a laid-back tone.

“Spirits . . . No, it is a warning from the Hero. Do not say any more.”

Tiana-sama’s face was soaked, and a light red stain spread on the chest of her pale dress. One look from Mariage-sama, Maid-senpai approached the stupefied Tiana-sama with a towel.

“Seeing that the tea was not hot enough to scald you, it looks like the Hero made some adjustments. You should be glad that he did that, Princess Tiana.”

Upon saying that, Mariage-sama got up from the sofa.

With just that, I can feel that the control of this place was transferred to Mariage-sama.

“Enough of this talk. I, the owner of the room, will not permit it.”

Mariage-sama started to control the place briskly.

“The princess should change her clothes here. We don't want to expose her to anyone in the castle but the princess’ maids are still being admonished by the Head Maid. Aria, you should return to Louise’s room. Furthermore . . . I apologize for this incident.”

“No……”

I shook my head and left the room as Mariage-sama commanded.

Without greeting Tiana-sama.

……Well, what should I say to her?

“I am the one who deserves to stand next to the Hero.”

She is right.

I am neither a princess nor a beautiful woman, just a mediocre maid. Not suitable enough to stand next to the Hero.

──With those thoughts, I continued to not respond to Greed-sama’s marriage proposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment