Bundle Release Event

Friday, November 19, 2021

Vol. 3 Chapter 13 - Hero Suddenly Proposed

Got drunk last night, woke up at 4am refreshed and finished this whole dang thing! XDDD

Again, I apologize for the delays in the translation. We're getting busy these days as the COVID vaccination is being intensified. *peace sign*


VOLUME 3: Chapter 13 - The Two Princesses

 

“P-Princess!!”

“P-Princess Louise……”

Flustered, Tiana-sama muttered and took a step back as she held onto the empty glass.

Only the Princess in question was calm and looked at Tiana-sama without even paying attention to the wine stain on her dress.

“Princess Tiana, please don’t drop the glass. Otherwise, people will notice us by the sound of breaking glass…… You don’t want to have diplomacy issues arising from this situation, do you?”

Tiana-sama’s face turned white as a sheet.

It is easy to imagine what would happen if it were known that she had thrown wine at a princess from another kingdom.

After she followed the Princess’s order of returning the empty glass to the table with her quivering hands, she said bitterly.

“Why . . . Why do you protect that girl!? Isn’t she just a maid?”

The Princess replied with conviction.

“Aria is more than just a maid. She is my dear friend…… Princess Tiana, being surrounded by those who only see you as a princess, you wouldn’t understand.”

The princess went on to tell Tiana-sama, who frowned.

“And you kept insisting that she is a maid, but it doesn’t matter to Greed-sama that she is a maid because he loves Aria. Just as it doesn’t matter to Greed-sama that you are a princess because he doesn’t like you…… Don’t you understand what I’m saying? Then, I’ll tell you frankly. Looking at you as a human being and not as a princess, Greed-sama did not find what he wanted. As simple as that.”

……Princess, th-that’s harsh!

“Unlike the both of us, who have been princesses since we were born, Greed-sama was not a hero from the time he was born. Before he became a Hero, he was living his life as ‘just Greed’. Greed-sama can’t respond to you, who only sees his awarded-title Hero, and who pushes your feelings with the stupid belief that the Hero should be married to a princess.”

Tiana-sama gasped. I think she was hurt by some similar words before but was not told to her frankly.

“Instead of just listening to the pleasant words around you, it would be nice if you could take a closer look and think about it. Then you might see something you didn’t even want to see before.”

Upon saying that, the Princess pointed to the hall and changed the flow of conversation.

“By the way, my brother-in-law Lautrich-sama is looking for you. I think it’s time for you to return to the hall. Let’s pretend this did not happen.”

The Princess glanced down at her dress and then smiled meaningfully.

“It’s because you suddenly appeared……”

Tiana-sama bit her lips in frustration. But she probably knew that she did something wrong this time. She reluctantly turned towards the hall.

But before she left the antechamber, she didn’t forget to glower at the princess and me.

“Princess, your dress!”

As soon as Tiana-sama disappeared behind the curtain, I grabbed a towel and began to wipe the wine off the Princess’s dress. However, it was not easy to remove the deep purple color. As I wiped it off, I became teary-eyed when I saw the brutal stains on the bright green dress.

“Why, sticking up for me……!”

Stupid, stupid, stupid, I cursed myself. Had I known that this would happen, I shouldn’t have answered back at Tiana-sama. I should have said as much as I had originally planned! Bothering the Princess and making my master stand up for me, I failed as her maid!

However, the Princess was not fretting and just laughed lightly.

“It’s okay. If you wash it immediately, it will come off.”

“In terms of dress, you will not lose! Ah, I’m glad I did not hold back! Even the spirits must have protected it from being soaked with wine!”

With that in mind, I decided to bear with it without making a fuss. And I even thought of showing Tiana-sama that I was protected by Greed-sama.

It’s all my fault. Because I was too shallow……!

“I didn’t think about that. Anyway, my body just moved on its own. You did not mind, Aria. It was not really a big deal for me, but I kind of felt like taking advantage of Princess Tiana’s weakness.”

The Princess giggled delightedly.

“I’ve always wanted to say that, you know? But I’ve always treated her as a guest so I put up with her. It felt refreshing to say what you wanted to say.”

I had no choice but to laugh as I looked at the Princess’s happy and sparkling eyes.

“……Princess, you said pretty harsh things.”

I didn’t think she would say it so frankly. And even if she said that, I wonder if it was said with a more gentle feeling……

“Right? But I wonder if she will realize her mistakes. After all, she is not used to being refuted and she has been surrounded by people who just went along with her.”

Then the Princess thought a little and smiled wryly.

“Maybe that’s why I am being harsh with her because we are similar in a way. I think I might have been like that, surely I did.”

I was stunned.

“That’s not true!”

The Princess is far from the likes of Tiana-sama. Yes, absolutely!

“But the both of us has been princesses when we were born. I have also been pampered. However, I had my mother and the Prime Minister who were strict about my education, and people who properly scolded me for doing bad things. An older sister who is my role model. And Aria, you and the others aren’t just agreeing to my opinions, are you? That’s why I did not rest on my laurels like Princess Tiana did. Besides, I’m trying to make myself likable should I lose the status of a princess. That’s why I couldn’t help but be frank with Princess Tiana.”

The Princess continued to look toward the hall where Tiana-sama was.

“It’s easy to blame the people around Princess Tiana for being wrong. However, because there is a problem with Princess Tiana herself, those types of people gather around her. And she is not even aware of her behavior. Don’t you think it is reasonable for me to want to give an opinion?”

“Princess……”

“It is a good lesson for her this time. In front of Greed-sama, the status of a princess is meaningless. Fortunately, my father and the Prime Minister will reconsider the possible relationship between Princess Tiana and my brothers.”

“Oh my.”

I instinctively held my mouth. Apparently, Tiana-sama was affirmed to be unsuitable as a princess by our King and Prime Minister. Well, it should be inevitable considering all kinds of things.

It might be okay if our princes were as dependable as Mariage-sama, but I don’t think Enwald-sama and Alfred-sama can keep a tight rein on Tiana-sama by any means.

I’m sure the King and the others decided to exclude Tiana-sama from the other candidates because of the allies and the fate of Schwarze. Mariage-sama is already married off to Albatro, and they must have thought that they would not strengthen the relationship between the two kingdoms again. In that respect, our king and Prime Minister are very strict.

It’s bad for Tiana-sama, but I’m relieved. Thinking that she would become the Princess’s sister-in-law, the queen, or the Crown Princess, I’m a little . . . no, I’m pretty bothered.

And above all, I think that when Tiana-sama returns to Albatro, it is no longer relevant to us anymore……! This is pretty good news, isn’t it?

But I can’t just be happy. I still have to get rid of the wine stains on the Princess’s dress…… After all, I would have to change her dress.

I dabbed the towel on it and made a suggestion.

“Princess, we should hurry back to your room and change your dress.”

She cannot return to the ball in this state. It would shame the Princess, and above all, if the reason for the stain will be scrutinized, it might become a diplomatic issue.

“Yes, let’s do that.”

The Princess nodded. They might be wondering if her dress is different, but it's still better than knowing that she was splashed with wine.

The Princess and I left the antechamber and walked toward the main residence where the royals’ rooms were located.

Should it be a similar color to the current dress, or better yet, a completely different shade……?

As I walked down the hallway while lending a hand to the princess, my head was full of plans for the replacement dress. It was when the corridor leading to the main residence began to be visible from the main tower that I remembered that I left the ball without informing anyone.

“I forgot. I should have told Rufus-sama that I returned to my room.”

I involuntarily stopped in my tracks. It is considered polite to say a word to your companion when you leave your seat. But after the Princess pondered a little, she said.

“It should be fine. The reason why I went to the antechamber at that time was that, when I was originally talking with Rufus-sama and Greed-sama, Greed-sama noticed that Princess Tiana was giving you a hard time in the antechamber.”

“……Ah, so the spirits informed him.”

Again? I thought But I’m not surprised now. Have I finally gotten used to it?

My words made the Princess laugh.

“Only when something has changed in you or when you’re on the alert, Aria. Princess Tiana is hostile to you, so it’s inevitable for it to be reported to Greed-sama right away…… So Greed-sama tried to help you, but I stopped him and offered to go in his stead. Because if Greed-sama came to your side, there is a possibility that Princess Tiana will escalate further, you know?”

I nodded. Had Greed-sama been there, Tiana-sama would have urged him to dance with her, and even if Greed-sama would have refused to do so, she wouldn’t give up and would become uncontrollable. Tiana-sama would normally bury the hatchet to look good in front of Greed-sama, but at that time……

“She still did not make a serious offense. Greed-sama knows what we are doing right now, so I’m sure he is going to tell Rufus-sama.”

“You’re right.”

“Anyway . . . I think Greed-sama has put up with it well.”

“Excuse me?”

“Despite all her harassment towards you, Princess Tiana did not suffer much because Greed-sama put up with her as he bear Schwarze in mind. As long as she stays in this castle, it is Schwarze’s responsibility to keep her safe. But that will only last until she leaves Schwarze. We do not know what will happen after that.”

“Princess……”

“I guess that she will be unhappy for a while. She reaped what she has sown, though.”

“……Princess, are you angry with Tiana-sama?”

It is rare for the Princess to say things like this. She has been always kind and thoughtful……

But in retrospect, the Princess was repeatedly used as an excuse by Tiana-sama to approach Greed and abused her each time. She received her with a smile, but she was actually very angry……

“Why, of course! I felt sorry for my sister, but I have a little thought about my brother-in-law Lautrich-sama who can’t control Princess Tiana.”

“Princess, your voice……”

I stealthily shushed at the Princess as her agitated voice began to grow louder. It is fine if it was in her room, but we are in the corridor. It is not populated right now, but if someone from Albatro were to hear it, it would be a little troublesome.

“Oh, right. Just……”

The Princess also shut her mouth hurriedly.

That was that time. Someone suddenly called us from behind.

“Huh? Princess and . . . Aria-san? What are you doing in such a place?”

After the Princess and I jumped in surprise, what we saw as we looked back was Norwen-kun, who looked naive in his robe.

No comments:

Post a Comment