Bundle Release Event

Sunday, May 15, 2022

Vol. 4 Chapter 6 pt. 1 - Hero Suddenly Proposed

"Hey, Manic Josei! How busy are you?"

"Well, I haven't got drunk ever since our year-end party last December."

LOL. Seriously, I want to party and get drunk! I want to go on vacations! I want to date normally! *sighs* Children, I beg you to not to obtain a degree in the medical field because it will mess up your sleep and life. HAHAHA XD  



VOLUME 4: Chapter 6 - In the End, It Became Like This

 

[Part 1]

The scene in front of me suddenly changed, and when I came to, I was in another room.

Apparently, it looked like the living room that I was first brought in to when I was forcibly taken into this castle.

That means……

I looked around and found Azul and Noir inside the room and I could help but grumble.

“Geh!”

The two were sitting at the big counter and were drinking from their wine glasses when they immediately noticed my presence.

“Finally, you’re here.”

“Anyway, For is so carefree. I thought he has been harassing you.”

With that said, Noir got off the stool and headed towards us, holding a glass of wine-like liquid in her hand.

The decadent atmosphere feels superb, but it made me feel uncomfortable. Rather, I would like her to not approach me.

Just last night, I saw a glass of wine being thrown at me. But it was the princess who suffered on my behalf.

I don’t think the demons will throw a glass of wine at me as Princess Tiana did, but nevertheless, I don’t like them approaching me.

……It’s not a good idea to run away and escape, is it?

I inadvertently scanned my eyes all over the room and checked the location of the door.

Fortunately, it appears that there’s a door diagonally behind me, but . . . I’m likely to get caught before I could reach it……

Giving up, I looked back to them and found that they were already close to me. Hiiii!

Noir stared at me then sighed.

“Looking at you again, you’re definitely not beautiful at all. So disappointing. If you were, I could’ve added you to my collection.”

I wasn’t disappointed in the slightest knowing what her collection meant. I’m glad I wasn’t a beautiful woman, really.

In fact, Noir’s standard of beauty and ugliness is the same as that of a human being.

From my point of view as a human, those women who were turned into dolls were very beautiful. Noir is also a beauty from a human’s perspective.

As Verde said, the higher the rank of a demon is, the closer they are to humans, or perhaps more influenced by humans.

Perhaps, the figure of the macho Demon King was a manifestation of his desire to overcome himself.

I became interested in the Demon King who I once thought was utterly macho.

As I was pondering about that, Noir said in amazement.

“I don’t really understand the Hero’s taste.”

“I don’t want to hear that from someone who follows such a macho being.”

Ooops, the tsukkomi slipped from my tongue……!

“What?”

She eyed me with contempt. Damn, it was a slip of the tongue!

But Azul pacified Noir.

“Now, now, Ludi. Don’t listen to a human’s stupid ramblings. Our lord’s powerful elegance is incomprehensible to humans.”

“I agree, humans cannot understand.”

Po-wer-ful-e-le-gance……!

I felt the edge of my mouth twitch.

No matter how I resist, I have this urge to retort!

But if I retort, it will be the end of my life so I decided to put up with it.

Moreover, there’s a possibility that they don’t really think he is handsome. It must be an expression that they came up with to describe his strength and macho body!

If they really think that macho is beautiful, they should have turned into machos as well……

Thinking a lot, I envisioned a scene wherein I was surrounded by two macho men and a macho woman, with green, blue, and black hair respectively, in this living room, and I suffered extra mental damage.

Please try to imagine. I’m surrounded by muscular and brawny macho demons, okay?

If that happened, no, if that was what was happening right now……!

I hurriedly drove the scene out of my mind.

Then Azul, who wasn’t aware of what I imagined him to be, said.

“By the way, did you hear from For why we called you?”

When I heard that, I felt nervous.

Earlier, Verde said that Azul and Noir took me hostage to lure Greed-sama. And I think they told Greed-sama their intention.

When I did not answer, Azul’s lips curved into an arch.

Seeing that horrendous smile made me feel uncomfortable.

……What did they tell Greed-sama?

“Rejoice. The Hero will come to pick you up.”

“……”

I did not respond to that either. Because it’s clear that Azul and the rest are planning something.

“We’re not that cruel to keep you lovers apart forever. You’ll meet him soon, though the next time you meet, it will be the end of the Hero.”

“……What!?”

I gasped. In the end . . . they are going to kill Greed-sama……!

Azul smirked.

“How far can the Hero deal with us, in a place where the power of the spirits is prohibited, and without the holy sword and armor?”

“No holy sword or armor……”

My face was drained of color.

The holy sword is the only weapon in the world that can cut through and kill the demons even without the [Blessing] of the priest. It has the power to extinguish the core of the demons and is said to be essential when fighting high-ranking demons that are difficult to defeat with magic alone.

The armor not only protects the Hero, but also enhances the Hero’s abilities. It amplifies all of his defense, attack, physical strength, magical power, and skills.

Both are indispensable for the Hero during battle.

If he did not have those two and cannot use the spirits’ power, Greed-sama’s weapon would only be his body and his magical power.

Greed-sama’s magical power is so powerful that even Verde said it’s beyond human. But can he fully unleash it when I am being held hostage?

I trembled, horrified.

That was Azul’s purpose. Deprive him of his weapon and armor, and drive him into an unsatisfactory situation where he can’t wield his power, then kill him.

Greed-sama will be killed because of me……!

Until then, I was optimistic that something would happen.

Greed-sama is so strong that it seems unfair, and he has the blessing of the goddess, so I’m sure he would not lose.

But even the demons haven’t learned anything from the battles they had so far.

In the battle with the Demon King, Greed-sama is said to have used powers of the spirits that he had not used before against the demons.

Perhaps, Azul and the others decided to lure Greed-sama into this barrier because they learned about it in some way──for instance, by deciphering from the dregs of magical power that remained in the Demon King’s castle.

Aaarrrgh, I don’t know what to do, but I have to do something!

Azul’s words then increased the panic rising in me.

“That doll-like Hero would not be able to rescue his captured fiancee.”

……Eh? Doll-like?

“Fufufu, I’m looking forward to it. I want to see his doll-like face distorted by pain and regret.

Noir said with a delighted expression.

……Again, doll? I frowned. So I instinctively said it.

“Doll? Greed-sama is?”

His expressionlessness indeed made him seem like a doll at first glance, but Greed-sama has feelings and acts on his own volition. It’s different from Noir’s “dolls”.

Azul and his friends held me hostage because they are aware that Greed-sama has feelings, right?

Are these people unaware of their contradiction?

“Oh, you did not like the way we said it? He’s really a doll. Of the goddess.”

Azul said with mockery.

“Have you heard of this story……? There used to be a man called Asphal by humans among our cadres. His name was Hermenegildo. Immediately after hearing that the Hero was selected, he went out against the Demon King’s advice to see what was going on. The Hero has just been selected, and he probably thought he could kill him before the Hero could use his powers. But the Hero wasn’t normal, to begin with.”

While listening to Azul, I thought, “Huh?”

Could it be that it was the high-ranking demon who is said to be Greed-sama’s opponent in his first match?

Indeed, defeating a high-ranking demon in his first match must have been the reason why he was hailed as the strongest Hero.

“Taking out his two nuclear cores, the cornered Hermenegildo took some hostages. It was the people from the village where the Hero was born. It seems that the Hero’s parents were also included. However, the Hero did not change his expression. That made Hermenegildo more upset. Then, a void appeared and he vanished in a blink of an eye. Well, it was inevitable since he was a brainless, incompetent guy . . . and according to the information that the other executives sent to us at their last moments, the Hero still showed no emotions.”

According to Azul, the demon executives have an unspoken rule to pass on the record of the battle with the Hero to other executives and the Demon King before they disappear. In that way, they can learn how to fight the Hero as well as their weaknesses and use them in the next battle.

And among the executives of the Demon King of this generation, four have already been defeated by Greed.

Asphal, also known as Hermenegildo. Morado, also known as Ascencia. Amber, also known as Disalaura. Grau, also known as Vanderhaus.

It seems that three people other than Grau took hostages when they were cornered, but Greed-sama was never upset each time they did it.

──The goddess’s doll.

The higher-ranking demons’ nickname for Greed-sama.

“Killing the demons without being perturbed at the crisis of his friends and relatives. If he is not a doll, then what is he?”

“He’s the same as my beautiful human dolls. He doesn't have a soul and only acts as what was commanded by the goddess.”

──Cliiink.

Something snapped in my head.

“……Aside from the first match, I’m amazed how they kept on taking hostages from the second match onwards.”

I spewed sarcasm.

Do these demon executives have a manual that says, “take hostages”?

I’m sure Greed-sama must have thought, Again?

Are they that stupid not to learn that they are doing the same thing as their idiot comrades?

……The reason why I have been speaking ill of them since a while ago was because I’m terribly irritated.

The impatience and fear I felt when I thought that Greed-sama would be killed seemed to turn into anger now.

What made me particularly sick was that they described Greed-sama to be a doll.

In-fur-iat-ing!

Recalling Greed-sama’s smile, I told Noir.

“Greed-sama is not a doll. It’s hard to see, but he is a decent person with feelings and emotions. Please don’t lump him together with your dolls.”

“What did you say……?”

Noir squinted.

“What a cheeky girl. I can’t kill her because she is a hostage, but it’s okay for me to cut a limb, right?”

……Maybe I’m the stupid one. I just regretted making Princess Tiana angry the other day, but I can’t help it.

But even if I manage to get out of this place safely, if Greed-sama was killed, I will surely be killed as well. Isn’t it a waste to just keep silent? I have to say exactly what I want to say now!

They could kill me here now out of wrath, but I’ll give myself up to fate. It’s many times better for me to be killed now than make Greed-sama die because of me.

“Promise me, Aria! That you will live no matter what.”

Suddenly, my promise with Greed-sama crossed my mind.

Forgive me, Greed-sama. I don’t think I can keep my promise.

……Because if Greed-sama was survived by me, it’s like I would lose everything.

And for some reason, I feel like I have to do this.

Maybe it’s a goddess’ command or something to protect the Hero.

Then I’ll obey. To the will of the goddess!

I laughed daringly at Azul and Noir.

“I’m an important hostage, right? Don’t kill me out of anger, okay?”

Noir’s face turned grim in the blink of an eye.

“What did you say……? I wasn’t planning on laying my hands on you, but I changed my mind. I’ll present you to the Hero in a gruesome state.”

……So in the end, the story developed this way.

 

 

*    *    *

 

“Oh, that child did not disappoint.”

Verde, who was in another room, watched the exchange through the mirror and laughed in glee.

“But this is interesting. You’re many times more interesting than Dier and the others, Aria. That’s why I never get tired of humans!”

Verde said while giggling but suddenly wiped his smile.

“Go, Aria. Say it. They are a mass of contradictions. They hate humans, but they are obsessed with the same standards of beauty and ugliness as humans. They are calling the Hero a doll, but here they are, trying to shake him by taking you as a hostage. In the first place, they are bound by extreme human emotions such as revenge, but they're totally unaware of it. They say that I like human beings, but they are the ones who are the most obsessed with that human.”

Then, he took a long sigh.

“I thought that Dier was a little smarter than that, but it’s because of the influence of Ludi. It’s no good. The worst thing is he doesn’t think about anything that would happen after exacting his revenge. He wasn’t aware he hadn't changed ever since he was chasing after the Demon King.”

Verde looked through the mirror with cold eyes.

“Do your best. [The World’s Blessing] is far more troublesome and formidable than you think. The Hero is protected by it. You will know it yourself.”

 

*    *    *

 

“Well then, do your best, okay~?”

I remembered what Verde said just before I was sent here. Did he anticipate this?

I don’t think he did it on purpose, but once I put it into words, I can’t take it back. I’ll show them what a Milford temperament is, which becomes more apparent the more I am being cornered!

Besides, I will be killed anyway, so if I do not say what I wanted to say, my critical retorts will be gone forever.

I looked at the demons in front of me and told them, sounding as sarcastic as possible.

“It’s an honor for me to listen to your human-like nonsense and take it seriously.”

“……What?”

“You keep on saying that Greed-sama is a doll, but are you also not using your brains as well? You only look at the immediate future. It’s much worse than a doll that just follows orders.”

I paused, took a breath, and then dared to poke at their vital spots.

“I dare say that I don’t think the Demon King wanted to kill the Hero in such a cowardly way. The way you’re acting, doesn’t it degrade your master?”

Sure enough, Azul, who had been calm until now, frowned.

“……What does a human like you know about the Demon King?”

“You are the ones who are the most obsessed with humans and are also who are afraid of humans, right?”

“……What did you say!?”

“Out of fear, you took me as your hostage and tried to strip Greed-sama of his weapon and armor, right……? Indeed, I don’t know a thing about the macho Demon King. The only time I saw him was when he kidnapped the princess. But I can read from his actions and from the stories that I have heard.”

Yes. During his battle with Greed-sama and the others. Up to that point. I only knew it through the stories from Greed-sama and Renas-sama, but I can understand it.

──The Demon King wanted to have a duel with the Hero.

After the barrier of the Demon King’s castle was destroyed, the Demon King could have summoned the surviving top brass. But the Demon King didn’t.

As Verde said, it was probably because he does not want to entrust the future of the demons to a repetitive system, or because he was confident in defeating Greed-sama.

But I guess the Demon King had some respect for the Hero.

Greed-sama is the same. I heard that he fought alone, even though he could have fought with Renas-sama and Rufaga-sama who were there with him. Because he paid respect to the Demon King.

Even though there was a difference in member numbers on both sides, those who were fighting for the sake of their races respected each other.

That’s why they decided to fight one-on-one openly.

But Azul and the others would not. Because they are afraid of Greed-sama. They just acted out of their hatred and did not think of taking responsibility for their demon race.

That must be the difference between what Verde described as “follower” and “leader”.

And now, out of their grudges, they are trying to eliminate the opponents that their master had challenged openly using cowardly methods. Without being aware that it is an act of degrading their master.

I stared at them and said.

“I am not the one who is making fun of the Demon King. It was you. If you have any desire to respect the will of your master, you should fight Greed-sama openly!”

“You . . . Impudent……!”

Noir’s beautiful face distorted in anger and glared at me.

“I’ve made up my mind. She’s not a hostage anymore; I’ll chop this girl into pieces.”

Then, Noir raised her right hand.

I then heard a “slash” sound, and her red-painted nails grew at once. About twenty centimeters, I suppose?

Human nails are likely to snap if they are so long, but Noir’s nails are very sturdy. Moreover, each one looked as sharp as a knife. If you get cut, it will hurt a lot.

Azul remained motionless as he stared at the incensed Noir. He did not stop her this time.

I quickly retreated. Even though I prepared for this, it’s not going to be easy. I will try my best as I can to leave this room and try to escape.

But before I knew it, Noir was already close at hand.

S-So fast……!

”First of all, I will shut that impudent mouth!”

Noir swung her hand at my face. I crossed my arms in front of my face and closed my eyes tightly.

At that time, the bracelet on my left wrist emitted a faint noise.

──Clink.

It sounded like the sound of a bell.

──Clink.

The moment I heard the second sound, it was followed by a “snap” sound.

“……What!?”

“What the hell……!?”

Azul and Noir screamed in surprise.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw the engagement bracelet on my left wrist emitting a faint light.




*** To be continued ***


No comments:

Post a Comment