Bundle Release Event

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Vol. 4 Chapter 8 pt. 1 - Hero Suddenly Proposed

Welcome to the last chapter!

But first, I want to apologize for the very, very late release, especially for my Ko-fi monthly subscriber. Work was hectic lately because of the semi-annual reports and stuff, hihihi (Yes, doctors can also have administrative jobs).

I hope you'll give me your support to the very end. Thank you so much for understanding. (>.<)

xoxo



VOLUME 4: Chapter 8 - The Deciding Match

 

[Part 1]

“Greed-samaaa……!”

The next moment, the bracelet and the band of light surrounding me emitted a dazzling light at the same time.

“What……!?”

The light hit Azul, who was about to swing his sword down at me. His body was then blown away forcefully.

“Gah, this is……”

Noir also backed down slowly while hiding her face with her arms.

……I was watching them as the light flooded in. It was supposed to be dazzling, but my eyes were open. And for some reason, I felt that this light would not hurt me at all.

The light from the bracelet and the light from the sacred text continued to fuse, forming one whirlpool of light centered on me. It was a rough but calming light.

At that time, I felt like I heard Greed-sama’s voice calling my name, so I looked up at the ceiling.

Then, the light swirling around me began to rise toward heaven.

It became a pillar of light and pierced the ceiling of the hall, and──

──Boom!

The sound reverberated in the earth and shook my feet. I remember this shock. Yes, it doesn’t feel right.

When I turned my face in front of me hurriedly, my eyes met with Noir’s surprised eyes.

“The barrier . . . was destroyed?”

When I heard that, I was also shocked.

By the way, the black light that destroyed the barrier at Schwarze also rose straight to heaven. If the same thing happened──

“Something’s coming……!”

Azul, who was blown near the throne, got up and shouted.

Coming? What’s that?

While I was pondering, a strong light emitted behind me.

Looking back in amazement, I saw a large ring of light appearing on the floor of the dimly lit hall.

A smaller circle of light was also drawn inside the circle.

In addition, complex patterns appeared between the overlapping circles.

I think I had seen it somewhere.

──The magic circle of teleportation.

Eventually, several figures cloaked by light appeared in the center of the circle.

My eyes were drawn to the figure in the forefront.

“……”

Something overflowed deep in my chest, and I couldn’t speak. I want to put it into words, but I can’t make a voice. So I could only open my eyes wide and stare at the person.

Eventually, when the light emitted by the magic circle converged, it revealed the Hero’s party, including Greed-sama who is in his armor.

“Hero……!”

……I heard Noir muttering with hate behind me.

We were only apart for a day. However, when I saw Greed-sama’s face, I was filled with nostalgia, relief, and love.

Gradually, tears welled up in my eyes.

“Aria……!”

Greed-sama called out to me with joy evident on his face.

For the first time, I felt delighted to be called by him.

And with tears streaming on my face, Greed-sama’s name spilled from my mouth.

“……Greed-sama!”

I missed you, I missed you……!

“Aria, thank goodness……!”

Everyone noticed me and gave me a uniform expression of relief.

Oh, I made them worried. When I thought of that, my heart overflowed with feelings.

──It’s okay now. Everyone came.

“Greed-sama, everyone……!”

It was when I was crying hard and tried to run to Greed-sama and the others.

“Aria, behind you!”

Greed-sama yelled as if he was stunned.

……Behind?

Before I could turn around and check, something wrapped around my neck and tightened.

“……Ugh.”

“Aria!”

“Welcome, is what I should say, but it seems we have uninvited guests.”

Judging from the voice behind me, I knew it was Noir who was tightening her arm around my neck.

Wait, was Noir within the immediate vicinity when the barrier was destroyed? I completely forgot about everything because I was focused on Greed-sama and the others.

Noir grew her nails on her left hand while tightening her right arm on my neck. Then she placed a sharp nail on my cheek and said.

“Did we not agree? We instructed the Hero to come alone, right……?”

Noir’s arm tightened even more on my neck.

“Geh.”

While I croaked like a frog, I suddenly noticed.

……Could this be that? The classic hair-raising, suspense-filled scene wherein they will say, “If you don’t want her to die, throw your weapon away”?

I thought being a captive woman was a nice role. But when I was in her shoes, I was gravely mistaken.

Because unlike in the story, my safety is not guaranteed. The current situation is just painfully aggravating for me.

I put a short nail on Noir’s arm (I’m a maid so I can’t keep it long), I pinched her skin and squeezed it, and managed to remove her arm.

But demons cannot feel pain, so of course, it didn’t work at all.

It’s painful…… Ah, this is so stupiiid!

Greed-sama pulled the sacred sword from the sheath, looked at Noir, and said.

“It was you who broke the promise earlier. You attacked her, right?”

“I didn’t remember saying that we will guarantee this woman's safety.”

Noir smiled as she kept holding me.

At her provocation, Greed-sama replied without a flinch of his facial muscles. Slowly, he approached us.

“I also did not promise to come alone. I will never believe someone's words when they cannot guarantee the safety of the hostage until the time they specified.”

Rufaga-sama approached Greed-sama.

“Greed, the nuclei of this demon are in her left armpit, the center of her abdomen, and at the base of her right leg. Rufus and I will take care of the other demon…… I could not detect Verde’s presence nearby, but be careful.”

That said, Rufaga-sama disappeared on the spot together with Rufus-sama, and at the next moment, they appeared in front of Azul, who had one knee near the throne.

“We will be your opponent, Azul.”

……Unfortunately, I could not afford to see the subsequent development.

Taking a step, Greed-sama continued to approach Noir and me.

Suddenly, Greed-sama’s blue-green eyes locked with mine for a while and glanced at my bracelet for a moment.

At that time, an idea crossed my mind.

Oh, that’s right, that’s right……!

We are not inside the castle of Schwarze. Now that we are not in Schwarze, he can use that!

“Stay away. Don’t you care what will happen to this woman?”

As Noir retreated, she scratched her nail a little on my cheek.

It created a sound of tearing flesh, and I felt a stinging pain.

But I was not scared.

Greed-sama did not stop in his tracks.

……Hey, how can you say that this person is a “doll”? Even now, the blue-green eyes staring at me are swirling with emotions.

It’s all right, Greed-sama. Don’t worry too much. I believe that if you come, everything will be alright. Besides, my face is not beautiful, so even with a little wound, it’s okay.

That’s right. I tried to send him a message with my eyes. It will make Greed-sama’s feelings lighter.

Noir glanced down at me and said in frustration.

“What a well-behaved woman, huh? She’s not even screaming.”

I am not scared and Greed-sama is not stopping. For her, it is annoying that everything is not going her way.

But even so, I was a little offended, so I snorted in derision.

“I don’t want to be told that by a woman who is still playing with dolls despite her mature age. You guys are bragging but your only ability is to take hostages!”

“Wh-What did you say──!?”

The enraged Noir had her full attention on me and let down her guard from Greed-sama for a moment.

Greed-sama took the chance. He shortened the distance between us and entered within the range of the activation area.

Noir turned to Greed-sama, but it was already too late.

──Here it comes!

My feet floated from the ground. Noir’s eyes widened with surprise.

“What . . . Kyaaaaa!”

A crackling sound echoed in the hall as if something had burst.

The next moment, Noir was blown away by an invisible power.

I was released from her arms and was drawn straight to Greed-sama.

That’s right, the powerful sacred magic, “Till death do us part”, that was cast on this bracelet was activated……!

……That means, it’s the “bam”!

But I did not know that I would be this happy that the “bam” was activated.

“Aria!”

“Greed-sama……!”

Greed-sama spread his arms as he waited for me. I reached out, ready to jump into Greed-sama’s chest.

“……Huh?”

Grabbing my outstretched arm, Greed-sama then pulled me backward before my feet could touch the floor.

“Milly, please take over!”

“Roger!”

It was Milly-sama who embraced me.

“Aria, are you okay!? You did a good job!”

“H-Huh……”

When Milly-sama caught me, the softness of her chest that hit my face was much more comfortable than the hardness of a man’s armor.

But I was so enthusiastic so it felt like a downer. Tsk.

……Well, he can’t help it because there are enemies nearby.

“Aria, I’m glad you’re safe! The defense mode was useful, right?”

Renas-sama said, a little proud.

“Y-Yes. Thank you.”

It was half-assed, though! Well, it’s fine since I’m already safe. It’s better if this ordeal will be over soon.

“You did your best, Aria. Leave the rest to us.”

After saying such a masculine line, Farah-sama stroked my head and then walked towards Noir, who was engaged with Greed-sama.

……That’s right. Noir is Farah-sama’s nemesis.

She joined the Hero’s party to defeat Noir, so she definitely wants to defeat her with her own hands.

While watching Farah-sama’s back with those thoughts in mind, Renas-sama called out to me.

“Let me see your face, Aria. I’ll heal the wound on your face.”

I answered Renas-sama and Milly-sama.

“How about later? It doesn’t hurt much and the bleeding has stopped.”

But Milly-sama shook her head and said with a stern look.

“It’s no good since you are a girl. And if you have a scratch on your face, Greed will fret, you know?”

Ugh. She’s targeting my weakness.

“I-I understand. Please, Renas-sama.”

“There. Already done.”

I kept on thinking about the “bam” while Renas-sama was doing a healing spell.

No way, a “bam” was useful in that kind of situation……!

However, the [Divine Revelation] that Greed-sama felt was probably related to the previous revelation. For me, who was captured by the demons, to escape, the goddess . . . towards Greed-sama . . .

My train of thought was interrupted by women’s screams.

“Kyaaaa!”

Suddenly a high-pitched voice echoed, and Renas-sama, Milly-sama, and I immediately turned our attention.

What we saw was──Noir being pierced by the sacred sword on her body.

“Ludi!”

Azul, who was engaged in a magical battle against Rufaga-sama and Rufus-sama, checked on Noir and shouted.

However, it seems that his hands are tied with Rufaga-sama and Rufus-sama. Azul is in defense, as the two launch variety of attack magic one after another.

I suddenly realized that the role of Rufaga and the others were to stall Azul.

I hear that it is very difficult to defeat a powerful top-brass demon with magic alone. It’s not impossible but it would take a lot of time. So unless there is a good reason, the method of destroying their cores of magical power is done using a sacred sword or a weapon “blessed” by a priest.

If they want to defeat Azul and Noir at the same time, then they should let Greed-sama and Farah-sama, who both have weapons that can destroy cores, face them, respectively.

Nevertheless, the reason why they ganged up on Noir and only Rufaga-sama who can use magic against Azul is probably because they are trying to defeat the cadres in order.

Even for Greed-sama, it is difficult to deal with two top brass at the same time. Even if everyone will assist, if many people join and get into the melee, they may only pull Greed-sama’s feet.

Therefore, it is more efficient to divide them and defeat them one by one. That’s why Rufaga-sama and the others are trying to stop Azul until Greed-sama and Farah-sama can defeat Noir.

Convinced, I turned my attention back to Greed-sama’s group.

Farah-sama and Greed-sama had driven Noir into one of the pillars of the hall, and Greed-sama stabbed the core in her left armpit with the sacred sword.

Stabbing under the armpit is not an easy task. This is because the arm hinders the attack on it, which is one of the weaknesses of humans.

Nevertheless, Greed-sama was able to stab her armpit because Noir no longer had her left arm.

Since when did it happen? That’s what you probably thought, right?

Apparently, after leaving me in the care of Milly-sama, Greed-sama had cut Noir’s left arm after it was immobilized for a moment by sacred magic.

Then, together with Farah-sama, he cornered Noir on the pillar and stabbed her unprotected armpit with the holy sword.

“Ugh……!”

Noir, who should not feel any pain, contorted her face as she withstood the pain. The core in her armpit disintegrated due to the holy sword.

……Now, Noir not only lost one of her flawless white arms but also had a large scoop on her left chest, leaving her with a miserable appearance.

Of course, there is no blood, but to be clear, it is still a very disgusting sight.

Still, Noir is not just a beautiful demon but a higher-ranking demon with enormous magical powers.

Immediately after losing one of her cores, she attacked Greed-sama, who was thrusting his sword into her body, with the claws of her right hand.

Greed-sama, who sensed it, retreated at a distance. He was surprised to see Noir jumping into the air and widening their gap, as if her left arm and chest, which should have been lost, were being regenerated.

Perhaps the remaining two cores were used to immediately regenerate the lost parts. Knowing that her magical powers were reduced to a certain amount.

……It may be that this mentality is unique to women.

Following Noir, Greed-sama used magic to jump. But as soon as Noir got near the ceiling of the hall, she raised one hand and chanted something.

I quickly understood the reason. Suddenly, a large number of demon beasts appeared in the hall.

Apparently, Noir could summon a large number of demon beasts. It was probably Noir’s work that the demon beasts appeared in the castle after the barrier of Schwarze’s castle collapsed.

From the wolf-shaped demon beast Wolf who was chasing me earlier, to the bear-shaped demon beasts, to the wild boars and horses, and the eagle-shaped ones. Many kinds of demon beasts gradually filled the hall.

I panicked. Because all of a sudden, I was surrounded by a lot of demon beasts!

“What should I do……!”

“Don’t fret, Aria. It’s fine.”

Milly-sama assured me with a smile as she pulled a knife out of the belt wrapped around her leg.

Renas-sama nodded in agreement.

“The demon beasts can’t come close to us because I have installed a barrier.”

Renas-sama then pointed to the floor. My eyes followed, and I saw a white circle drawn around us. Its radius was about 2 meters, I suppose?

The demon beasts could not enter the circle. Since they could not approach us, they could only watch us at a distance.

“It is safe inside this barrier, so don’t step outside.”

“Y-Yes.”

I nodded and looked back at Greed-sama and the others who were fighting outside the barrier.

“Hohohoho, isn’t it a little difficult to deal with that many demon beasts, despite having many comrades?”

Floating midair, Noir regained her composure and laughed loudly.

Then Greed-sama, who was also floating midair, came down. And as soon as he put his foot on the floor, he slashed the surrounding demon beasts that jumped at him with his holy sword. The demon beasts quickly lost their form and vanished on the spot.

However, there are still many demon beasts in the hall. Because of that, Rufaga-sama and Rufu-sama had to attack Azul while protecting themselves from the demon beasts.

When that happened, Azul had enough room. He began to use attack magic aside from defensive magic, giving Rufaga-sama and the others a hard time.

Azul threw powerful flame magic at the barrier that Rufus-sama erected. At the gap, a leopard-shaped monster tried to attack Rufus-sama from the side, but Rufaga-sama beat it with a ball of light and disappeared.

Azul released another flame magic, and this time, he aimed at Rufaga-sama.

The flame magic and water magic collided, creating a tremendous water vapor around them. Then, Rufus-sama immediately generated a tornado out of the water vapor. Azul jumped to avoid it.

So Rufaga-sama told Rufus-sama.

“Rufus, don’t overdo it. A considerable amount of your magical powers were consumed when you simultaneously cast teleportation magic circles…… Holy water.”

As he said that, several water spheres appeared. The spheres attacked the floating Azul. Azul countered it with flame magic. Thus, water vapor filled the air.

Watching the situation, Rufus-sama answered.

“It’s alright. Anyway, Rufaga, are you going to attack him with water magic again? Then……”

“Are you using [Parsing]? I get it.”

Rufaga-sama replied, and he threw the same water ball as before and aimed it at Azul again.

Azul countered it again with flame magic. However, a whip made of water was cast by Rufus-sama.

“Tsk.”

Azul clucked his tongue and extended his hand in front. Then the whip made of water scattered before it could touch Azul. Perhaps he extended his barrier?

“Just as I thought……”

Rufus-sama nodded after seeing it and turned to Rufaga.

“Rufaga, he is good at using flame magic, but it seems that he is weak to water magic. While he can release strong flame magic with little magical power, the barrier he creates to avoid water magic requires considerable magical power. Therefore, find a way to offset the flame magic. Since the consumption of magical power is low.”

Rufus-sama has [Parsing] skill that allows him to examine magic effects and magical power consumption. He used it to analyze Azul’s spell and find his weaknesses.

“I see.”

Rufaga-sama’s lips drew an arc.

“Rufus, let’s stop him with water magic.”

But before he could finish saying that, Rufaga-sama created a big sphere of water. It attacked Azul.

“Roger.”

Rufus responded with a smile while slashing a demon beast that had jumped at him using a wind blade.

When Greed-sama saw Rufaga-sama and Rufus-sama, he called out to Farah-sama, who was slashing the demon beast with her sword.

“Leave these small fries to me. Farah, can I ask you to take care of that woman?”

Then Farah-sama chuckled.

“That’s the first time I heard you ask a favor.”

She smiled then nodded with a serious look.

“Of course, I want to beat that woman with my own hands.”

“Then, please.”

Greed-sama said that, then he thrust the holy sword toward heaven and started chanting.

“Bright light, the light that illuminates in the dark night, gather in my hands and assemble. It is the beginning, it is the lasting wisdom. Flash of Judgement, become a blade and drive them away──Arrow of Light.”

As soon as Greed-sama uttered the keyword to activate the technique at the end of his chant, a huge light appeared on the ceiling and spread at once.

The light illuminated the hall like the sun. Including Greed-sama and the others, us, the demon beasts that swarmed the hall, and Noir and Azul.

“I won’t let you!”

Yelling, Noir held her hand toward heaven. It seems that she is going to launch attack magic or something at Greed-sama.

At that time, Farah-sama jumped in front of Noir intending to pierce her bosom.

“!?”

Noir was surprised, leaving her front unguarded as her hand was raised and the other was missing.

“That’s my line.”

As she said that, Farah-sama thrust her rapier into Noir’s abdomen!

According to Rufaga-sama, one of the cores should be in the middle of the abdomen. Farah-sama’s rapier pierced Noir exactly at the umbilical area.

“……Hng, ugh……!”

Noir’s face contorted again as she withstood the pain.

“The suffering, the mourning, and the despair of those who were made into dolls, let me dispel it now!”

Farah-sama’s eyes glinted with a strong rage.

“Ludi!”

Azul’s expression changed as he tried to head towards Noir.

“I won’t let you…… Wall of water.”

Rufaga-sama erected a wall of water, blocking Azul’s path.

──At that time, rain began to fall from the ceiling.

But it is not real rain. It is a golden rain of light.

From the same golden ceiling, it looked like rain.

Surprisingly, those demon beasts struck by the rain disappeared in a blink of an eye. The number of demon beasts around us reduced steadily.

The rain of light also fell on us. But it just went through our body and nothing happened.

I just felt a little heat as it passed through.

“This is……”

It was Milly-sama who answered my question.

“Everything is Greed’s magic. He also used it to wipe out all the demon beasts that she summoned after you were kidnapped, Aria.”

When I heard that, I turned away.

“I-Is that all right for Greed-sama?”

Verde said that Greed-sama collapsed after using his magic!

If he used it here again, then again……

“At that time, the entire castle was in his range. The range of the hall is lesser. Moreover, Greed is currently fully equipped.”

Renas-sama laughed and dismissed my concern.

“I-Is that so?”

At that time, Greed-sama was wearing formal wear and only had his holy sword. But now he is wearing his armor. The hero’s armor amplifies Greed-sama’s ability and magical power.

As Renas-sama said, Greed-sama stood in the middle of the hall without falling. And while maintaining the spell, he struck the demon beasts that could not be hit by the rain of light by his holy sword.

Meanwhile, Farah-sama started chanting while the rain of light was falling.

“Goddess who controls the beginning and the end, under the ancient oath, I pray to the source of life, by the rippling flow of heavenly blessing, let it be gone forever──Swamping Waves”

“Riiiiing!”

Immediately after a quivering sound, Noir croaked.

“Gah!”

“Ludi! Break free from it!”

Azul shouted whilst avoiding Rufus-sama’s water magic.

But Noir did not move…… No, she could not move.

“The ‘Till death do us part’ in Aria’s bracelet was activated a while ago, right? The influence of that magic still remains.”

Renas-sama explained. According to him, it is a spell that also meant “sanctions for separating two people”, and the “blessing” applied had triggered the activation. However, the “blessing” in this case is not a true blessing, but a curse.

When I heard that, I gaped.

What kind of spell are you putting in this bracelet? Cursing something that disturbed my relationship with Greed-sama…… It’s scary!

Renas-sama saw my state and shook his hand in a hurry.

“No, no, of course, it doesn’t hurt humans. It’s limited to the demons, because it was originally intended to rescue those who were captured by the demons. At that time it was activated, Noir was not only repelled by Aria but was also struck with the curse of sacred magic. But since she is a high-ranking demon, her magical powers overpowered the curse. However, one of the cores was crushed by Greed, so the magical power was further reduced to repair the vessel. And when Farah attacked the second core, the curse was finally activated.”

Renas-sama continued.

“Farah’s weapon can hurt the demons because I ‘blessed’ it. However, unlike the sacred sword, it does not have the power to decompose the core. If it is a demon beast, it can be extinguished only by the action of that ‘blessing’, but Noir is a high-ranking demon. Even if she hurt her core, it is difficult for her to disappear if her regenerative ability prevails.”

“So, does that mean that Farah-sama can’t beat Noir……?”

“That’s why Farah struck the sacred magic directly into the injured nucleus.”

It was Milly-sama who answered.

“Ah.”

I finally noticed. That’s the spell that Farah-sama was chanting earlier!

Renas-sama took over and explained further.

“That sacred magic hits the rhyme of the sacred letters that the demons hated and disturb their core. Farah is not a priest, so it will consume a lot of her magical powers to activate it, and its effect will be halved compared to when a priest chants the spell. But through the sword, if she uses the technique directly into the core of her body──”

“Aaaahhhhhh──!”

Noir screamed.

Then, Farah-sama pulled out her sword from Noir’s body.

Naturally, there was no blood since she is a demon, but there was a big hole in his abdomen.

The core disintegrated after being poured with sacred magic, and the vessel could not keep up with its regenerating ability.

Now, only one core is left in Noir’s body.

Since Noir was unable to move, Farah-sama did not miss her chance.

“I’ll have you return him!”

As she said that, she pierced the base of Noir’s foot with her sword.

──The rain of light has already stopped, but the bright light covering the ceiling still illuminated the whole hall.

Millie says while watching the battle between Farah and Noir.

“I think it would have been easier to defeat Noir if Greed fought her with the holy sword. Noir, which already had one of her cores crushed, is not an appropriate enemy for Greed who had his full equipment. I guess he dared to let Farah fight her.”

“Greed-sama……”

I muttered unknowingly.

Greed-sama has defeated the remaining monsters in the hall and is now quietly watching the battle between Farah-sama and Noi.

After piercing the last core of Noir, Farah-sama began to chant, exhausting her strength. Her forehead is beaded with sweat.

It is said that casting sacred magic consumes a large amount of magical power if the caster is not a priest, so Farah-sama must be burdened considerably for trying to release it for the second time.

Regardless, Farah-sama continued.

“By the rippling flow of heavenly blessing, let it be gone forever──Swamping Waves!”

Farah-sama uttered the last two words.

At that moment, Noir screamed after the ringing sound like earlier.

“Ah, ah, aaaaaahhhhh!”

“Ludi!”

Azul dodged Rufus-sama’s water magic and tried to rush to Noir.

But before he could do that, Greed-sama stood in his way.

Greed-sama, who flew in front of Azul, said as he slashed at him with his holy sword.

“It’s already settled. Now, it’s your turn.”

Azul managed to avoid the tip of the sword at the last minute, and after taking a long leap to widen the gap between them, he clucked his tongue loudly.

However, he could no longer be smug like before, and impatience is clearly written on his face.

“Why, you……!

As she was losing her last core, Noir swung her right hand as her last trick.

The nails on her hand grew longer again and sharp. Noir is trying to tear at Farah-sama, who is stabbing the sword in her leg!

“L-Look out!”

I screamed involuntarily. At the same time I shouted, Milly-sama made a move. She quickly threw the knife she is holding at Noir.

Milly-sama’s knife flew straight into Noir’s hand before she could attack Farah-sama.

“What……!?”

Noir’s eyes widened.

The knife released by Milly-sama is, of course, a special weapon “blessed” by Renas. Noir’s right hand was cursed by its sacred magic and was unable to move.

“I . . . lost? Not to the Hero, but to these guys?”

……Noir murmured in disbelief.

And those were her last words.

With a stunned expression, the light gradually disappeared in Noir’s red eyes.

And then──

“Ludivine!!”


*** to be continued ***

1 comment:

  1. Its 5am and I definitely went "kyaa~" reading this.
    --- But I did not know that I would be this happy that the “bam” was activated.
    Only to laugh at what happened next, lol. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete